Malika George, MD
Dr. George received her medical degree from the University Of South Florida College Of Medicine in Tampa and completed a residency in internal medicine at Orlando Regional Medical Center.
During her residency at Orlando Regional Medical Center, Dr. George conducted a study on controlling diabetes in hospitalized patients. She also helped establish a Diabetic Education Clinic, which was the first of its kind in Orange County, Florida. Her efforts at collecting the clinic’s evidence-based data brought about changes in the hospitals management of diabetic patients.
Dr. George has served in numerous volunteer positions, including working at a Mississippi health clinic, where she treated individuals affected by Hurricane Katrina. She has also worked with disadvantaged populations through AmeriCorps.
Dr. George is also certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support. She is especially interested in the field of diabetes management.
- Adult vaccinations and adult immunizations
- Annual physicals
- Health screenings
- Prevention, detection and treatment of acute and chronic adult medical illness
- Skin biopsy and cryotherapy
- Well women exams
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Undergraduate - University of South Florida
- Residency - Orlando Regional Medical Center
- American College of Physicians
- Florida Medical Association