Ronald R. Rasmussen, MD
Dr. Rasmussen was born in Santa Barbara, CA. He attended the University of California where he received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry/Mathematics. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine from Los Angeles College of Chiropractic and his medical degree from Michigan State University. While enrolled at MSU, Dr. Rasmussen was given numerous letters of commendation and clerkship honors.
During his studies at UCLA, Dr. Rasmussen spent three years in medical research at the UCLA School of Medicine. While there, he was responsible for ground breaking research in atherosclerosis.
Dr. Rasmussen completed his general surgery residency at Grand Rapids Area Medical Education Corporation. He received the GRAMEC Day Trauma Research Award.
Dr. Rasmussen was named Chief of Surgery at Florida Hospital Ormond Memorial. Recently he has been named the 2013-2014 Chief of Staff at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Prior to joining Florida Hospital Memorial System, Lt. Commander Rasmussen served in the United States Navy as a General Surgeon at the Naval Ambulatory Care Center in Groton, Connecticut. During his tenure, he was deployed to the Middle East where he practiced general surgery with specialists from other countries. He was awarded medals such as the National Defense Medal and the Naval and Marine Corp Commendation Medal. While serving his country, Dr. Rasmussen was deployed to Africa for a humanitarian mission and Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Emergency Room Consultation and Admission
- In-Patient Hospital Consultation
- Cancer Care/ Breast Cancer
- Thyroid Surgery
- Laparoscopy (Colon/Rectal, Abdominal, and Appendicitis)
- Skin Cancer-Melanoma
- Screening Colonoscopy & EGD
- Consultation for new surgical problems
- Ongoing care of surgical problems
- Biopsy of suspicious skin lesions and minor in-office procedures
- Port removals
- I&D -Incision and Drainage
- The American Board of Surgery
- Undergraduate - University of California, Davis; BS, Biochemistry/Mathematics
- Doctorate - Los Angeles College of Chiropractic; DC
- Medical School - Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine; MD
- Residency, General Surgery - Grand Rapids Area Medical Education Corporation, Grand Rapids, MI
- Completed Masters in Business Administration at University of Florida April 2012